60-min $99 /90min $150
What is Therapeutic Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is the mobilization of soft tissue with the aim of restoring their biomechanical and systemic use. Hence, it is ideal for treating musculoskeletal problems. Swedish massage therapy goals vary based on a client’s needs. However, most people like stressed-out workers, athletes, and laborers utilize Swedish massage to maintain good physical health conditions.
Like all other massage therapies, Swedish massage therapy is conduct by a trained and qualified massage therapist to assist people of all ages and with different therapeutic massage requirements like people undergoing treatment for different muscle conditions, expectant mother, the elderly as well as people living with disabilities. Swedish massage includes rehabilitation massage, anti-stress massage, deep tissue massage, relaxation massage, and sports massage among others.
Being a combination of remedial massage and relaxation massage, these are some benefits of Swedish Massage:
- Helps to relax the entire body by alleviating tight muscle spots and muscle issues like tension and cramping.
- If administered by a qualified therapeutic massage therapist, it boosts blood circulation, delivery of nutrients and oxygen to muscle cells, reduces swelling and assists in excretion of waste products in the body.
- The blood and nutrients circulation effect of Swedish massage is beneficial in treating inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Regular Swedish massage therapy improves circulation, neurological and lymphatic functioning.
- Additionally, the relaxation effect induced by the massage lowers blood pressure, heart rate and breathing rate to decrease stress effects in the body and boost immunity.
- Muscle relaxation enhances muscle and joint motion range resulting in improved physical activity.
- Swedish massage therapy is also used to treat psychological and emotional disorders because it triggers the release of endorphin, a hormone that reduces depression and uplifts moods.